Diacor News and Opinion
Diacor looks at exciting news and developments in the radiation therapy field.
We look forward to seeing all of you at AAPM in Vancouver!
Diacor Press Release: Zephyr Patient Transport System Allows Therapists to Safely and Accurately Move Patients during HDR Brachytherapy Treatments
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, September 16, 2010 – Diacor’s Zephyr Patient Transport System is fast becoming an essential tool to safely and accurately move brachytherapy patients during treatment.
Released at the 51st ASTRO meeting in November 2009, the Zephyr Patient Transport System has been evaluated and adopted by treatment facilities in Asia, Europe and North America. These facilities rely on the system to scan and treat patients in the same position and minimize the risks of applicator or needle movement.
The Zephyr Patient Transport System uses air-bearing technology to easily transfer patients laterally and longitudinally from CT couch top to patient stretcher to HDR Brachytherapy table. This minimizes changes in implant geometry during patient transfer.
“In most therapy settings, patients are moved from a CT scanner to an HDR brachytherapy setting multiple times,” says Glenn Waterman, president of Diacor. “The Zephyr system maintains consistency of treatment and seed position by minimizing patient movement during these transitions. It’s better for the patient and safer and easier for the therapist.”
“The Zephyr Patient Transport System is essential if transportation of brachytherapy patients is required for imaging and/or treatment,” says Subir Nag, MD, Director of Brachytherapy Services at Kaiser Permanente Radiation Oncology in Santa Clara, California.
Diacor will display and demonstrate the Zephyr Patient Transport System at the upcoming 52nd Annual ASTRO Meeting, October 31 – November 4, 2010 in San Diego, California.
Diacor was founded with a single goal: to make radiation therapy as safe and accurate as possible. This vision continues to guide and direct new product initiatives as we tackle new challenges. We constantly work with radiation therapists and oncologists to ensure we are aware of changing needs and evolving therapeutic approaches. Ultimately, we deliver patient positioning systems, patient transfer systems and patient alignment lasers that work accurately and as expected; conduct ongoing research and development to pinpoint needs and develop valuable solutions; provide unparalleled sales and product support, today and tomorrow, and develop lasting distributor relationships that help us to better serve our customers worldwide.
Diacor exhibited our Zephyr Patient Transport System and received high reviews from conference attendees. We also provided information on the rest of Diacor's product families - our Centralite Patient Alignment Lasers, MammoRx Patient Immobilization Systems, CT Overlays, and Integra Head and Neck Systems.
The highlight was meeting so many wonderful people from various countries, all striving to improve the treatment of cancer. Below are a few photos of our booth and Barcelona.
Diacor is looking forward to working with Chi Vo and his team. Please click here for contact information on VN Medica Ltd.
We've worked hard to build our European distributor network over the past few years. ESTRO is the premier meeting for radiation oncology professionals in Europe and we're honored to participate in this year's technical exhibits. Please stop by our booth and visit with our European distributors, view first hand the Zephyr Patient Transport System, as well learn more about Diacor's breast immobilization systems, patient alignment lasers, and CT Overlays for CT SIM.
We look forward to seeing you in Barcelona!
- Centralite and Centralite CT Patient Alignment Lasers
- MammoRx Breast and Thorax Immobilization System
- Zephyr Patient Transport System
- CT Overlays
- New Discovery In How Cancer Cells Intake Nutrients Points to New Cancer Drugs
- Diacor Features Zephyr HDR and Zephyr XL on YouTube Channel
- Diacor Will Attend This Year's ABS Meeting and ESTRO Forum
- Diacor Launches YouTube Channel
- Quitting Smoking By Age Forty Can Greatly Increase Life Expectancy
- Cancer Research UK Predicts 50 Percent of Men Will Develop Cancer
- Diacor Survives Hurricane Sandy at ASTRO
- Diacor Will Attend ASTRO 2012
- October Marks National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Consumption of Milk Said to Protect From Colon Cancer Progression
- AAPM (2)
- American Cancer Society (4)
- American Institute of Cancer Research (1)
- ASCO (3)
- Asia / Pacific Area (12)
- ASTRO (11)
- Brachytherapy Table (13)
- Breast and Thorax Immobilization (8)
- Breast Boards (8)
- Breast Cancer (20)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month (7)
- Breast Lumpectomy (2)
- Cancer News (27)
- Conferences (22)
- CT Imaging (1)
- DEGRO (4)
- Diacor news (36)
- Distributors (21)
- Education (3)
- ESTRO (7)
- Europe (19)
- Fixed Lasers (8)
- HDR Brachytherapy (12)
- Head and Neck Immobilization (2)
- Hurricane Sandy (1)
- Integra (2)
- Latin / South America Area (5)
- Mammograms (2)
- Medical Devices (1)
- Medical Insurance (1)
- Middle East/Africa Region (4)
- moving lasers (8)
- Palliative Radiotherapy (1)
- patient alignment lasers (9)
- Patient Transfer (19)
- Prostate Cancer (7)
- Radiation Oncology (2)
- Radiation Therapy (7)
- Sports Medicine/Fitness (1)
- U.S. Cancer Statistics (5)
- US Area (22)
- Zephyr Patient Transport System (24)