Diacor News and Opinion
Diacor looks at exciting news and developments in the radiation therapy field.
Diacor will be attending Harvard Medical School's 7th Annual Brachytherapy Review, held at the Hilton Back Bay in Boston, Massachusetts. The Review is held for radiation oncologists, medical physicists, nurses, and physicians who are interested in brachytherapy. Diacor will have information on the Zephyr hdr on display, so feel free to stop by and view our product!
Researchers have recently published a study in the journal Cancer Cell, which indicates that taking fish oil supplements can decrease the effectiveness of chemotherapy drugs. Researchers found that two fatty acids produced by stem cells in reaction to a commonly used cancer medication, make cancerous cells resistant to treatment. These same fatty acids are found in fish oil supplements, which are commonly taken in addition to cancer treatment. To see the free abstract, or pay for the full article, please click here.
Diacor has recently added LACO as a new distributor for the US Area. LACO has over 65 years of experience selling and servicing radiation therapy centers. LACO is headquartered in Chesterland, OH. We look forward to working with Amy Lantz and her team!
For a list of Diacor distributors, please click here.
Our distributor Beijing CAC recently attended the National Advanced Design on Oncology Conference held in Taiyuan China on August 23-27. Below are some photos of the conference. We appreciate all the hard work Beijing CAC has been putting in promoting our products!
Diacor will be attending the 53rd Annual Meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), held this year in Miami Florida, October 2-6. More than 11,000 attendees are expected, including oncologists, oncology nurses, radiation therapists, biologists, and other cancer researchers. We will be there displaying both the Zephyr xl and the Zephyr hdr, so please stop by and take a look at our products. We hope to see you there!
For more information about ASTRO, please click here.
- New Discovery In How Cancer Cells Intake Nutrients Points to New Cancer Drugs
- Diacor Features Zephyr HDR and Zephyr XL on YouTube Channel
- Diacor Will Attend This Year's ABS Meeting and ESTRO Forum
- Diacor Launches YouTube Channel
- Quitting Smoking By Age Forty Can Greatly Increase Life Expectancy
- Cancer Research UK Predicts 50 Percent of Men Will Develop Cancer
- Diacor Survives Hurricane Sandy at ASTRO
- Diacor Will Attend ASTRO 2012
- October Marks National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Consumption of Milk Said to Protect From Colon Cancer Progression
- AAPM (2)
- American Cancer Society (4)
- American Institute of Cancer Research (1)
- ASCO (3)
- Asia / Pacific Area (12)
- ASTRO (11)
- Brachytherapy Table (13)
- Breast and Thorax Immobilization (8)
- Breast Boards (8)
- Breast Cancer (20)
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month (7)
- Breast Lumpectomy (2)
- Cancer News (27)
- Conferences (22)
- CT Imaging (1)
- DEGRO (4)
- Diacor news (36)
- Distributors (21)
- Education (3)
- ESTRO (7)
- Europe (19)
- Fixed Lasers (8)
- HDR Brachytherapy (12)
- Head and Neck Immobilization (2)
- Hurricane Sandy (1)
- Integra (2)
- Latin / South America Area (5)
- Mammograms (2)
- Medical Devices (1)
- Medical Insurance (1)
- Middle East/Africa Region (4)
- moving lasers (8)
- Palliative Radiotherapy (1)
- patient alignment lasers (9)
- Patient Transfer (19)
- Prostate Cancer (7)
- Radiation Oncology (2)
- Radiation Therapy (7)
- Sports Medicine/Fitness (1)
- U.S. Cancer Statistics (5)
- US Area (22)
- Zephyr Patient Transport System (24)